Simple living in New Mexico...

Monday, December 12, 2011

Redneck Family Event

Boiling the head

washing soda



Hi, this is whats happening around here this evening.  Wow, lots of fun.  I borrowed a cauldron from my mother. (I hope she doesn't really expect it back any time soon, as I have many  ideas tallow, soap etc...)  We are boiling the head of the elk Casey got back in Oct. for a European mount.  We (i mean he) will bleach it out with hydrogen peroxide after we get all the meat boiled off the head.  I am excited about this because of my natural phase of decorating I am in right now.  I like everything muted and monochramatic and bringing the outside in.  For winter I want my house full of pinecones, pine boughs, dried tall grasses and dried up sunflowers.  This is the goal, but first I need to figure out what to do with all my junk, clutter, and mess.  I am trying to pack it way, but it takes some serious dicipline because I also like the stuff.  Anyway, what fun to have a fire going outside.  Makes me feel more connected to my pioneer ancestors.  Oh, and we do enjoy being rednecks!

No comments:

Post a Comment