Simple living in New Mexico...

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Dining Room is Open!





The chandelier was a nasty gold one that came with the house....so, we used what we already had and this make-over cost $1.05!  for the whole room.  We just used leftover stuff, instead of buying paint, I used what we had.  The ceiling is white primer instead of ceiling paint, because that is what we had.  What a fun project!
The dining room is up and running after many coats of Mountain Retreat brown paint... I am putting my big old oriental rug I found at the Salvation Army when winter comes!

This used to be the sun-room, but we needed a room that would fit our long table and we needed to not be so crowded!

I painted it so dark because I wanted the dark windows not to stand out so much.

Ivy loves to wear an apron over her leggins and t-shirts, it seems to be her signature look,  she put this on for cleaning house.

Our first guest to eat in our dining room!!  Home school friends from our old town!  There were 10 kids here, 2 little boys avoided the camera..  After the eating was done, a swim in the Pecos was in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment